The wonderful wines of Lake County were featured in an October 26, 2012 article in the Wall Street Journal.
Due to the nature of its climate and soil, Lake County is one of the fastest growing wine regions in California. The Blue Wing Saloon next door hosts periodic "Meet the Winemaker" events featuring appearances by local owners and winemakers with optional multi-course special dinners paired to their wines.
You can get a good feel for Lake County wines just by wandering across the street from the Hotel to the Lake County Wine Studio. Proprietor Susan Feiler pours a wide variety of great local wines and hosts many interesting events. There is no corkage fee at the Blue Wing when you purchase wine from Lake County Wine Studio (proof of purchase required).
Here is a Map from the Lake County Winery Association that you can use when touring local wineries.
Here are a few of our favorite Lake County labels with web site links:
- Brassfield Estate - Beautiful property in High Valley outside of Clearlake Oakes
- Ceago Del Lago - Jim Fetzer's lakeside tasting room 5 miles from the Hotel in Nice
- Gregory Graham - Outside Lower Lake. Wonderful ex-Rombauer winemaker.
- Langtry Estate - Lake County's largest producer outside of Middletown
- Moore Family Winery - Beautiful property at highest elevation on Bottle Rock Road
- Shannon Ridge - High elevation property with fun tasting room in Clearlake Oaks
- Six Sigma - Great 5000 acre property outside of Lower Lake with unique winemaking philosophy
- Steele Wines - Pioneering Lake County winery. Many varieties. Convenient Kelseyville tasting room.
- Tulip Hill - Friendly staff and good wines on Hwy 20 in Nice. Near Ceago del Lago.
- Wildhurst - Award winning wines with neat tasting room in downtown Kelseyville
A five hour limousine tour with a personable and knowledgeable driver. Please call the hotel to book the tour and your room to receive 10% off your stay. Add a picnic lunch prepared by the Blue Wing Saloon for $20 per person. Gratuity to driver not included.
- $180 per couple. Up to six other guests may join.
- $470 for Private Tour up to 6 people