The wonderful wines of Lake County were featured in the video "Lake County Rising" by Bill Groody and in an October 26, 2012 article in the Wall Street Journal.
Due to the nature of its climate and soil, Lake County is one of the fastest growing wine regions in California. The Tallman hosts a series of winemaker dinners featuring appearances by local owners and winemakers with menus perfectly paired to their wines.
You can get a good feel for Lake County wines just by wandering across the street from the Hotel to the Lake County Wine Studio. Proprietor Susan Feiler pours a wide variety of great local wines and hosts many interesting events.
Here is a Map from the Lake County Winery Association that you can use when touring local wineries.
Here are a few of our favorite Lake County labels with web site links:
- Brassfield Estate - Beautiful property in High Valley outside of Clearlake Oakes
- Chacewater Wines and Olive Mill - Award winning wines and olive oils in Kelseyville.
- Gregory Graham - Outside Lower Lake. Wonderful ex-Rombauer winemaker.
- Langtry Estate - Lake County's largest producer outside of Middletown
- Laujor Estate - Wonderful wines and a great view in the Red Hills District.
- Moore Family Winery - Beautiful property at highest elevation on Bottle Rock Road
- Rosa d'Oro Vineyards - Italian style wines in unique Kelseyville tasting room.
- Shannon Ridge and Vigilance - High elevation property with fun tasting room in Lower Lake.
- Six Sigma - Great 5000 acre property outside of Lower Lake with unique winemaking philosophy
- Steele Wines - Pioneering Lake County winery. Many varieties. Convenient Kelseyville tasting room..
- Wildhurst - Award winning wines with neat tasting room in downtown Kelseyville
A five hour limousine tour with a personable and knowledgeable driver. Please call the hotel to book the tour and your room to receive 10% off your stay. Add a picnic lunch prepared by the Blue Wing Saloon for $20 per person. Gratuity to driver not included.
- $180 per couple. Up to six other guests may join.
- $470 for Private Tour up to 6 people